Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turtle Brownies

I'm starting my Christmas baking this week, but I thought before I started, I would post one last non-holiday dessert. So, I started looking around my pantry, and I found half a bag of caramels and pecans. Instantly, I came up with an idea.

Caramel Turtle Brownies via @cupcake_n_bake

I love all things turtle. Hubby loves brownies. So, I decided to put the two together. Plus, I'm sorta lazy, so I used a boxed brownie mix. Hey, what can I say. I don't even know how to make homemade brownies. My mom was never much of a cook, so we do things the half-homemade way. At least I didn't buy them pre-baked :)

Caramel Turtle Brownies via @cupcake_n_bake

All you need to make these delightful treats is a box of brownie mix, half a bag of Kraft Caramel Bits, and half a bag of crushed pecans, oh, and the ingredients needed with the brownie mix. (I'm not a fan of large pecan pieces).

Mix up your brownie mix as directed, then add you caramels. Mix them up well. Then, add your pecan pieces. You don't have to use the entire half a bag. See, I told you it was easy!

Caramel Turtle Brownies via @cupcake_n_bake

Heat your oven as directed on the box of brownie mix. I used the 8x8 pan size. It took way longer to cook the brownies than as directed, though, so be sure to check your brownies with a toothpick. It took mine around 1:15 to bake fully, and as you can see in the picture, they are still a little gooey. Hubby likes them that way though.

Caramel Turtle Brownies via @cupcake_n_bake

I know we just got finished with Thanksgiving, so I really didn't need to bake brownies. But, I thought it would be nice to have some sort of dessert break between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Plus, I haven't had brownies in a while, and boy were they yummy!

So let me know what you think. Do you jump right from Thanksgiving to Christmas, or do you feel like you need a break too?




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.