Sunday, November 18, 2012

Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies

As a child, my aunt made peanut butter cookies, a lot. I guess she did that because they were easy and cheap. Plus they would keep me and my cousins quiet. You see, I lived right next door to her. My cousin was a year younger than me, so we were best friends. My aunt would leave her door unlocked, and I would often wake her up, playing, early in the morning.

It never failed, though. The smell of peanut butter cookies wafting through the kitchen made my day. I loved them then, and I still love them now.

Reese's Pieces PB Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake

Since Thanksgiving is coming up, I decided I would make some fall themed peanut butter cookies. Enter Reese's Pieces. These wonderful little snacks were calling my name from the snack machine at work, and they gave me a brilliant idea. Everyone loves M&M cookies, right? Why not Reese's Pieces? 

Here's what you need: Print it Here
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar (light or dark)
1 farm fresh egg
1 1/4 cups of self-rising four

Reese's Pieces PB Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. You can use either light or dark brown sugar. Or, if you're like me and you have just a little of both, combine them!
  3. Beat in the farm fresh egg.
  4. Add the flour until well combined.
  5. Fold in the Reese's Pieces like you would chocolate chips. If you want, you could also chop the Reese's Pieces up, then add them.
  6. Chill for 10-15 minutes.
  7. Roll into 1 inch round balls, then place on a cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork to make those awesome marks.
  8. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Don't over bake; you know how easy it is to mess up a peanut butter cookie!
Reese's Pieces PB Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake

There, wasn't that easy? The longer you cook them, the more solid they will be. If you are like me, you kind of like them gooey. 

And how about those Reese's Pieces? I love that they are fall colors and give the cookies a fall twist. 

Reese's Pieces PB Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake

I originally wasn't planning on making so many cookies (this recipe makes 3 dozen). However, it is Thanksgiving. So, I'm sure the ladies at work would love some cookies. Let's hope so, because I really don't need to eat so many cookies. 

Anyways, if you're looking for a great new peanut butter cookie recipe, try these! I'm sure the kiddos will love them.

Reese's Pieces PB Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment :

  1. YUMMY! we love these kind of cookies, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.