Thursday, November 29, 2012

Let it Snow

Raise your hands if it snows where you live. (Not raising my hand here).

We've had 1 winter of really awesome snow. I got stuck in my Grandma's driveway on Christmas. Then, that January it snowed so bad our roads were closed. After about a day of not being able to go anywhere, I was over it. Really, I was always over it. I'm not a cold weather kind of girl. I like the idea but not the actual cold.

Cookies are really good though.

Snowflake Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake #Winter #Christmas

Last Christmas, I bought an 18 pack of Christmas themed cookie cutters. I don't know what I need 18 Christmas cookie cutters for, but I needed them!

Snowflake Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake #Winter #Christmas

I'll be honest; my snowflake cookie cutter was too plain for flooded icing. I mean, I've used it to make flowers. So, I decided just to pipe a few designs. I used white and pale blue icing. 

Snowflake Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake #winter #Christmas

I pretty much just winged the designs. Oh, and I used my snowflake wrapping paper as inspiration. Hubby loves the wrapping paper, but it's honestly my least favorite of what we have. It came in a pack my mom gave me. Free wrapping paper is free wrapping paper, right?

Snowflake Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake #winter #Christmas

After I had finished piping my designs, I sprinkled blue and white sugar crystals lightly onto the cookies. Snowflakes sparkle, right?

When I finished, I let them dry, then I boxed them up. I got a few small white cupcake boxes from Wal-Mart, and I just discarded the cupcake inserts. They were perfect! 

I secured the box with some Merry Christmas washi tape. It's my favorite!! Then, I took the cookies to my in-laws' house. I'm on a mission not to eat a single cookie until Christmas, so I'm giving all my baked goods to random people in my family. Trust me; this is a great accomplishment!

Snowflake Cookies via @cupcake_n_bake #winter #Christmas

These cookies were simple and cute. Let the holiday baking begin!

So tell me - are you baking cookies to spread the Christmas cheer, or are you waiting until Christmas?

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments :

  1. Oh I love these! I am not a decorative cookie type, but I will try it this year when I make my Christmas cookies! I make Christmas cookies a week before Christmas to hand out to my neighbors. Then Christmas Eve tradition we get up that morning and its cookie making day all kinds of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad and I used to make cookies on Christmas eve when I lived at home. It started out for "Santa" then we starting taking them to my Grandma's on Christmas.

      Delete
  2. we get snow, I live in Northern Michigan. This year though so far we have not had any snow to talk about. Love the cookies.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow no snow? That's weird. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  3. These are so cute, and they look so yummy! I hope you are having a great weekend. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.