Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ahoy Matey

First of all, let me say Happy Birthday to Brayden, my friend's little boy! He just turned 4! Yay for Brayden!

Tiffany, Brayden's mommy, planned a Jake and the Neverland Pirates themed birthday party for him. She needed help with some cute cupcake ideas for the party, so I put my thinking cap on. I came up with cookie toppers for the cupcakes, and she asked me to make them.

jake and the neverland pirates

I jumped at the chance to practice my cookie decorating (she made the cupcakes). Overall, I was pretty pleased with the way they turned out. They were kinda small, being toppers and all, but I think I made them work.

sword

Here's the thing, I don't really have that many cookie cutters. I usually just find a picture I like on the internet. Then, I either draw it out, or print it. Then I use the paper as a template. It's pretty simple really.


map

For the cookies, I used 8 different colors, but only 4 different gel colorings.. The sword consisted of the same brown gel coloring, but the base used a bit more than the handle. I also used very little of the brown to make a skin tone for Jake. The map used black, red, and light blue. Jake also used red, light blue, and dark brown.

Note on the map: I made six, but none of them had the same pattern.

treasure chest

The treasure chests are probably my favorite of the cookies. I used the same color scheme for them as I did for the sword. I added a little black for the handles. Then, I used my secret weapon for the treasure. Remember that Sprinkles Canister I made a few weeks ago? I had stored the left over sprinkles from the Olympics Cookies I had made in it. Since I had used a few different colors, they were all mixed together. These were great perfect for the treasure!

jake

Jake was probably my least favorite. I wasn't too happy with the way his facial features turned out. He looks kind of scary in my opinion. Oh well, I learned a lesson. Tiffany and Brayden loved him though, which is good.


Take a look at some of the pictures Tiffany sent me of the cookies on the cupcakes. Don't they look awesome? I loved how she used a teal blue color, and then brought it all together with the table cloth and treasure chest. So cute!

What do you think?


Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments :

  1. They are so cute!! You are so smart and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, the treasure chests are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes for a fun theme!
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? This was all Brayden's idea.

      Delete
  4. These are fabulous! Found you through Six Sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Six Sisters is awesome!

      Delete
  5. These are so cute! You are so talented! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I am so happy to have you share. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting! I love to join!

      Delete
  6. These are so cute. I love these cookies. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to do so! :) Unfortunately, I can no longer allow Anonymous commenters due to the amount of spam I have been receiving.